Rodent Control Services in Sacramento
Serving Sacramento, Roseville, and Elk Grove, California
Maybe you’re noticing small droppings around the house or hearing tiny footsteps in the attic. You may hear scratching inside the walls. Rats can be a problem for California homes, and Apex Pest Control specializes in expert rodent extermination. Whether you are experiencing a rodent problem in your house or business, we have the tools and experience to remove rodents quickly, affordably, and safely. Our team has more than three decades of rodent control experience, and we can get rid of pests in any area of the house.
Signs Your Home Needs Rodent Control
Knowing when to call pest control can be difficult to determine. It’s important to be aware of the signs of unwanted pests in your home before they cause structural damage and other issues. If you are experiencing any of the following issues, we encourage you to give Apex Pest Control in Sacramento a call:
- Rat or mouse droppings in your home
- Wood damage, tunnels, pinholes in the walls
- Sounds in the walls, like scratching, footsteps, or muffled scurrying
- Damage inside the home; rodents often eat away at drywall, furniture, and insulation
Rodent problems do not typically go away on their own. You should contact an experienced rodent control service such as Apex Pest Control before the problem worsens. Ignoring rats and mice will only make your house a breeding ground for a larger number of pests and cause further damage to your living space.
What to Expect During Rodent Infestation Treatment?
The team at Apex Pest Control works closely with you to identify the source of your problem and offers professional rodent control to our customers. The process starts with a thorough inspection of your home or business. From there we will determine whether you are dealing with a rat or a mouse problem, as the extermination process is different for each.
Frequently Asked Questions About Rodent Pest Control
- What pests are considered “rodents”? Rodents are small mammals such as rats and mice. They are common in California homes and have small, furry bodies with powerful teeth.
- How do mice and rats get inside homes? Rodents are always on the lookout for food, shelter, and warmth. They often seek warm and insulated areas of the home such as crawl spaces, gaps in the walls, or attics. Since rats and mice are great climbers, it is easy for them to climb up the sides of homes or even jump from overhanging branches. Since they only need a space the size of a quarter, rodents can enter your home through pipes, under doors, and through chimneys.
- Do rodents spread disease? Yes, mice and rats can spread diseases. Rodents spread disease through contact with their bodily fluids, bites, or through direct handling by humans.
- Do I need a rodent exterminator? If you are sure that rodents are infesting your home, then you should call a professional rodent control service immediately. The problem will not get better on its own. A single rat can birth up to 60 rats per year.
- How can I prevent an infestation? Sealing gaps around vents, pipes, and utility cables are among the best ways to prevent an infestation. Keeping your home free of trash and clutter is also an effective way to make your home unattractive to rodents. We help identify potential entry points in your home so you can see where rodents are entering.
- What damage can rodents do to my home? Rodents can cause all sorts of damage to your home. Rats typically burrow in insulation or furniture, chewing through it in the process. They effortlessly chew through drywall and structural wood. They can also leave behind droppings full of bacteria.
Sacramento’s Choice for Professional Rodent Control
When it comes to rodent extermination, no one in the Sacramento area does it better than Apex Pest Control. With more than three decades of experience, we will make sure your home is rodent-free as quickly as possible. Call Apex Pest Control at 916-362-9294 to take care of your rodent infestation, and feel free to contact us with any questions you have.